Thursday, April 16, 2009

The best birthday ever.....

Well, B officially turned 6 on Monday. We did some celebrating on Sunday with part of the family since Easter was at my house anyway. The boys were out of school on Monday, so we took off and went to Chuckee Cheese. As B was wolfing down his pizza, he told me that this was his best birthday ever. He really wanted a Nintendo DS for his birthday and has been asking for months, however, I explained that he should really wait and ask for that for Christmas otherwise, he will have to share with his older brother who doesn't have one. So, he opted for a two-wheel scooter instead. He wanted a football cake, so with the help of grandma's cake pans (I couldn't find a football one anywhere), he got a football helmet and a football. It actually turned out pretty good and he has had a piece of it every night this week. I have to make another one for this Saturday when his friends come over to help him celebrate and then I don't want to look at another cake for a very long time.

I am going to C's field trip with him tomorrow to learn about ponds. He informed me that he has to wear his very oldest shoes and a ripped pair of jeans because it will be muddy. Boy, that should be a lot of fun. :) He has been "researching" toads and some other pond animal that I have never heard of before, so hopefully, he will dazzle me with his facts.

K has been pretty crabby this week. I can't tell if it is his age (just turned 17 months) or if he has fluid in his ears again. We aren't scheduled to go back to the doctor until May 1st, but I may have to take him back earlier to make us both feel better. He has learned to say "cheese" when you take a picture. However, the "cheese" usually doesn't come out until after you have already taken the picture. He came up to work the other day to visit for a few minutes and was quite the entertainment.

The boys went with C to buy some plants for the garden this week. He actually let them pick out what they wanted, so we will have quite the assortment of vegetables and fruit. Living at our old house, I always wanted more trees...... after spending several weekends cleaning up old dead leaves, I am questioning why I wanted more trees. I'm sure I will remember once they are nice and full of new leaves and looking pretty.

We gained two new pets last week...... two little snakes. What are the odds that they would find one for each of them. Luckily, on Monday, C was able to convince the boys that they needed to release Speedy and Curly back into the wild. He said they didn't slither away very fast, so I'm not sure they will live much longer. Poor things!

1 comment:

  1. EEK--was his birthday Monday, I was thinking the 16th (today) Well card is in the mail. Sounds like a fun time. We're ready for spring too. Have a great day--And you are braver than me letting them keep snakes. YUCK

    ReplyDelete